Knowledge Action Change (KAC) and the London Drug and Alcohol Policy Forum (LDAPF) held a second GFN Dialogue on e-cigarettes, on Tuesday 10th September 2013, at the Guildhall, in the City of London.
This event followed the successful initial dialogue, in May 2012, also held at the Guildhall, which discussed the impact of new nicotine products on smoking.
The event was chaired by David MacKintosh, from the LDAPF with a series of short ‘position statements’ from a panel drawn from those who had been central to the debate to date, followed by a discussion involving everyone in the audience.
Panellists invited include:
- Clive Bates, former Executive Director of ASH and prodigious blogger on all matters nicotine
- Martin Dockrell, Director of Policy for ASH
- David Dorn, mainstay of Vapourtrails TV, a formidable advocate of vaping
- Lynn Dawkins, from the University of East London, who has done some very recent research into the use of e-cigarettes
- Charlie Hamshaw-Thomas, Legal & Corporate Affairs Director E-Lites
Harm Reduction & E-cigs - David Dorn
E cigs: Ends, Means & Distractions - Clive Bates
Can we rely on the market to produce safe & effective e-cigs? - Martin Dockrell
Why aren't we rejoicing about the success of e-cigs? - Charles Hamshaw-Thomas
We should encourage smokers to try E-cigs - Dr Lynne Dawkins